They were taken by the late Lionel Walrond, who was good at photographing buildings before they disappeared. Cloth manufacturing ceased at Wallbridge Mill in 1958 and most of the mill buildings were demolished in 1964.
More of Lionels’ photographs can be seen at https://glosdocs.org.uk/walrondn
There is a review of the Wallbridge book and where you can buy one here.
There is also a general view of Wallbridge Mill, Stroud, with a single storey range in the foreground on the Historic England website. Date:1956. Reference: AA98/04428
This was Mr Cole’s house that he modernised in 1714 – the date was still above the door when it was demolished in 1970. It once had a flour mill behind it. It used to be on the opposite side of the road from the builders’ merchant.
This window may have been in the house or the cloth mill
There are lots of stories in the new book about the people who lived and worked at Wallbridge when it was a busy industrial hamlet.
A research note from the SLHS digital archive added June 2022 Copyright